The Galloping Gavel can be taken to a Chapter during a visitation or taken by a visiting chapter following the guidelines:
- At least 3 boys and two advisors in attendance at chapter event or meeting.
- Points earned by each chapter visiting is calculated by members “times” distance from home Chapter to visited Chapter.
- The Chapter with most Points will receive the Gavel for their chapter.
- The Chapter receiving the Gavel is to contact the Executive Officer and notify him which chapter has the gavel.
- Before the Gavel is transferred, the Chapter should be sure to have the leather cover and Record book.