Many chapters, jurisdictions and DeMolay International are continuing activities throughout the COVID-19 lockdowns! Many creative options are available.
Washington DeMolay has sponsored a Minecraft Server so members can play the game with DeMolays and others from around the world.
Oregon chapters are conducting virtual meetings.
- Mt. Hood Chapter reported a teleconference meeting in March with plans for continuing.
- Capitol Chapter reportedly has also conducted a virtual chapter meeting.
- Pilgrim Chapter, Redmond, reported virtual councilor and chapter meetings in April. See the Oregon State DeMolay Facebook postings from Pilgrim.
- Pacific Chapter, Hillsboro Master Councilor Jay Stivers conducted a virtual meeting April 8 and included its Devotional Day observance along with other discussions. The meeting connected with a member, David Thacker, able to attend for the first time in a few years while home from the Air Force Academy.
DeMolay International has begun weekly “Way Back Wednesday” sessions open to all via Facebook Live Meeting and Zoom with recordings posted for playback. Note that the recordings are available for playback using the Facebook Group Playbook to make it an event for your chapter or any Facebook group. These sessions are based on the actual meeting minutes from the founding days of DeMolay with interesting commentary on what transpired and how it has impacted DeMolay. These sessions are Wednesdays at 7:45 p.m. Central / 5:45 p.m. Pacific via Zoom. Look on https://www.facebook.com/DeMolay.International for the Live Meeting Zoom link and for recordings.
Browse the DeMolay International Facebook page for other chapter and jurisdiction ideas and activities that you can participate in or organize for your chapter. Examples include:
- Virtual Installation (Virginia DeMolay)
- Virtual meetings with Ritual where permitted (permitted in Oregon by the EO with secure entry) (Example in Pennsylvania DeMolay)
- Education session for DeMolays (New York DeMolay)
Share what you and your chapter are doing to keep up your activities and involvement with DeMolay as well as to reach out to one another for support and some fun as well!
Post your activity results, planned activities and ideas to the Oregon State DeMolay Facebook page or submit to the website. Be sure to keep digital safety in mind for virtual meetings and ensure password or similar protection to avoid “bombing” of meetings.